Our Client has become one of Gippsland’s’ most respected providers of reliable and flexible support services. They now support more than 370 people with disabilities and their families, with their range of high-quality one-to-one services and recreational activity programs operating from offices in Morwell, Wonthaggi and Bairnsdale.
ASAPersonnel has been engaged to source a Part time Accountant, offering flexible Days and hours, working 2-4 days upto 6hrs per day.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant position is responsible for overseeing all the financial functions.
The Accountant undertakes a range of duties including monthly financial reporting to the Board and internal reporting to management on various financial matters as requested. Responsibilities encompass all aspects of revenue, debtor and cash flow management as well as bank reconciliations and expense monitoring. The Accountant also ensures all statutory financial reporting and taxation requirements are met within required timeframes. The Accountant will have a keen eye for process improvements, assist in systems enhancement initiatives and will actively contribute to a vibrant, collaborative team focused environment.
- Invoice, receipt and reconcile all revenue including billing NDIA, Plan Managed and Self-Managed participants for all services provided
- Investigates and resolves any billing issues
- Monitor, manage and report on debtor balances to management and the Board on a monthly basis
- Review expense allocations to on a monthly basis to ensure accurate costing of information
- Review bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare end of month journals and reconcile balance sheet accounts to reflect events at balance date as accurately as possible
- Monitor, analyse and interpret actual financial results compared to budget and report material differences to management
- Prepare end of month financial reports for management and the Board on a monthly basis
- Prepare other ad hoc financial reports to management and other stakeholders as required
- Responds to financial queries from relevant stakeholders, including participants, families, staff, volunteers and management
- Manage finance and investment opportunities and obligations including term deposits and loans
- Manage asset register to keep accurate records of assets purchased, sold and depreciated
- Prepare annual WorkCover reconciliation
- Review monthly BAS statements and complete annual BAS reconciliation
- Coordinate the annual financial audit process including liaising with the external auditors and provide all relevant information as requested by them
- Assist Manager Business Operations in the development and preparation of the Annual Budget
- Assisting in process improvements and systems enhancement initiatives.
- Manage TCM software to ensure accurate database management, including troubleshooting issues and liaising with the external consultant on TCM projects.
- Educate and assist staff in the use of TCM to ensure correct recording of client records and shift information to enable accurate billing information
- Involvement in continuous quality improvement
- Provide advice and feedback to the Manager Business Operations
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial reports
- Provide high quality customer service to participants, their families and carers
- Works within and contributes towards organisation policies and procedures
- Provides feedback to relevant stakeholders, including participants, families, staff, volunteers and management
- Undertake tasks as directed by the Manager Business Operations
- Other duties as required
Qualifications AND Experience
- CPA or CA qualified or working towards is desirable
- Firm grasp and understanding of accounting principles and knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards and their application
- An understanding of legislation relevant to Not-for-Profit Organisations, GST, Fringe Benefits Tax, Payroll, Superannuation and WorkCover
- Excellent information technology skills including knowledge of computer-based Accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise when working under competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated high levels of personal responsibility, reliability and initiative, with a capacity to work as part of a team, and work independently to achieve outcomes
- Focus on process improvements and demonstrated strong attention to detail is essential
- Experience in the community and not-for-profit sectors is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme would be advantageous though not essential
- Current driver's licence.
- Current police check
- Current working with children's check (Must obtain if do not hold)
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) (Willing to undergo upon appointment)
To apply, submit your CV, along with a cover letter outlining how you best fit the above criteria to email@example.com